A TRIP TO THE VET – WHAT DO I BRING?
So you have an unwell bird, or maybe just a new bird you would like checked over? The next step is getting your bird to the vet and knowing what to bring. Below is a list of the things our veterinarians like to look at to help determine the health of your bird:
1. The Bird itself (obviously 🙂 )
2. A photograph of the cage (if your not bringing it in)
3. At least one fresh dropping – place some clean paper on the bottom of the travel cage so that the veterinarian can examine the droppings
4. All of the birds regular toys
5. The feed and water dish
6. A sample of the birds regular food
7. Any supplement or medications that have been used in last 4 weeks
Hopefully this little list helps your trip to the vet run smoothly!